Quarantine is a hard time for all of us. Some of us are lucky, because we are healthy and we have homes, food etc. Some of us are less lucky. I personally believe that we should use this time for our advantage, and no this is not this #hustle post. Tho it deff has those elements too. But please don’t let yourself be bored now, just be more active in coming up with ideas, don’t wait till someone else plans things for you.
5. Mental health/spiritual things to do during quarantine:
- Go on a walk (this is if you are aloud outside, we are in Finland. Please do this alone and keep your distance to those walking at the same time. We have forests, so that helps 😉 )
- Sleep well. Now that you don’t have to commute you have extra 30 min – 1h to sleep.
- Journal your feelings
- If you have other spiritual practices then do them now.
5. “Fitnessy” things to do during quarantine:
- Go on a walk (refer to the point in the section above)
- Do some type of a challenge. YouTube has a lot of different 7 days challenge for example
- Yoga, a simple form of exercise to do at home, again YouTube has great resources
- Eat healthy. It is so easy to order in now. Challenge yourself not to eat junk now. Esp if you move less than usual.
- Drink water. Especially if you are working/studying at home, you don’t really have an excuse not to drink water
5. Things to learn/do during quarantine
- New languages; any one you fancy. You can even use online chat services to have a study partner
- Crafting skills, make cute cards, write pretty letter. Now with social distancing these methods are a great way to still stay connected
- Write the book, blog, song etc that you have been planning on for ages
- Start watching videos on the topic that you are supposed to study currently but don’t understand when your professor explains it in online class.
- Read books you wanted to read but “never have time”
5 Fun things to do
- Watch a movie; have themes for movies; movies with history basis, sci-fi, romantic etc. Make it so you watch something you usually wouldn’t.
- Have a series marathon; use the same methods as with movies
- Have a personal dance party, either with family, on your own, with your partner. Have fun!
- Have a pamper routine, shower or bath.
- Play a game online with friends, like trivial pursuit over skype or even an online game
Please add your own ideas in the comments below! Stay safe and healthy and remember to call the friend/family member once in a while.
Thanks for reading, until next week!