Welcome back to all of you who have been following me for a while. I am quite excited for this post! I can’t quite believe that I have been nominated for this award. Thank you for the nomination (more about it bellow) But most importantly thank you for those who read, like and comment on my posts! It makes me happy and shows me that what I am doing has an impact. Here is a link to my past post if you missed it: Latest post!
And let’s get cracking!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is per recognition award for bloggers who inspire readers by promoting positivity and bringing joy. Thank you, Hilary Tan, for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. This means a lot for me! And it makes me happy that I bring joy and sunshine to my readers!
Hilary has the most amazing blog, that mixes art, real life and a rawness that seriously touches the reader: Sereluna-Finding my Inner Goddess. I honestly must say that you are well on your way to finding your inner Goddess and it is great to see you helping others do the same! I only found you recently but will 100% and avid reader from now on!
SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD RULES
Here are couple of simple rules to keep in mind when you are nominating and when you nominate:
RULES FOR AWARD:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
Q’s and A’s:
1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
I have enjoyed writing for as long as I can remember. I haven’t always been good at it but a while back I decided that I might as well do it anyway, since it makes me happy. Plus I get to improve everyday. I have been writing about self-help and health most of my blogging time, but especially now I have concentrated on the personal development aspect.
2. What year did you publish your first blog post?
I honestly don’t know. My current blog is not my first blog. But with the one I own now, I started it at the end of 2016.
3. What is your favorite blog post you’ve written and why?
My favorite post is “Stars Sentenced to Death“. This is a harsher, more negative post of mine and I wrote it right after Avicii died. I read about his death and about the comments on how it was to be expected because of the “music scene” and how it is so often that these people feel the need to turn to drugs/alcohol/self-harm. I found this very frustrating and point the finger to us, the people who love and hate these stars blindly leading to their lives derailing. Not saying we are the only ones at fault. But honestly we don’t let them have a normal life due to all of the fan giriling or hating on them for every move they make..
4. Do you own a pet? If so, what kind?
I have a dog, a middle sized Schnauzer! His name is Patu and he is 100% the boss of our household. Good lord who new these creatures to be so pigheaded?!
5. Do you have any routines before you write a blog post?
It honestly depends. Sometimes I will meditate and brainstorm ideas that come to me during the mediation. But quite often an event, an Instagram post or a book/podcast, will spark inspiration in me. I kind of would love to have a routine/ ritual for posting blogs to make it more organized. But then again sometimes it is great to just get inspired and let it flow 😀
6. What motivates you to write? Where do you find inspiration?
I love love love helping people. There is nothing better for me than to help people get their AHA moments in life. Like the “Fucking hell I actually am the one in charge of my life” moment is just like a drug. Honestly it hasn’t been a 100% easy road for me to get here so getting to that mindset isn’t easy, however helping others get there, I get shivers just talking about it!
The world is such a messed up and confused place right now. There is so much more hate than love and I honestly want to be a part of changing that. I believe that currently too many hurt people are in charge of the world. We can’t change the world if we don’t heal ourselves first (in what ever capacity it is for you) and this is why I write my blog. So people will find the power in themselves to change and rebuild themselves and after that attacking the issues of our planet with new vigor and passion.
7. What is your favorite social media platform and why?
I honestly don’t know. I think Twitter is cool because you are forced to think of what you say and how you say it, because you only have so many letters that you can use. Instagram on the other hand is so pretty! And it gives me inspiration to work on my photography to make it more artistic and to unite it with the text I write there (To anyone visiting my Instagram after this post; not all of the pics are mine :D)
8. Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
Coffee addict in the house! Can I get an AMEN from all of the sisters and brothers that are walking on the same journey of telling about the love of COFFEE to whom ever will listen?!
Honestly I love tea as well, but coffee makes me feel powerful and productive ( When honestly it doesn’t, it just makes my soul sing.)
9. What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned from blogging?
That it isn’t easy. That it requires work and it requires more from you than you were ever prepared to give. It makes your raw, angry vulnerable and all of those “negative” things. BUT once you get into it. Once you decide that it means a lot to you… it is the most rewarding thing you could imagine. (Especially when a blog post does well and make you feel like you did something good in the world. Even if it was just a small thing)
10. Are you satisfied with your blog’s progress so far?
Especially as someone who writes about personal development I don’t really know if that is even possible. It feels like I should be better since I write about being better. You just have to take as step back and realize you are just as much on the journey of growth as anyone else. Just a different path. So if I think realistically. Yes.
11. What do you fear the most?
Living a life that is unfulfilling and insignificant.
SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD NOMINEES
QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES:
1. What is your favorite word? (Any language, if foreign please translate xD)
2. If you could go back in time, what would you change?
3. What is your favorite blog post you have read?
4. Are you a dog or a cat person (or perhaps a reptile person)?
5. What is the best advice you have ever gotten?
6. If your excuses wouldn’t hold you back, what would you do?
7. What is your favorite color?
8. What kind of a nature scene makes you the most at peace? (E.g. forest, ocean, mountains etc.) 9. What is your superpower (nothing isn’t an acceptable answer, nor I don’t know) ?
10. Where do you desperately want to travel and why?
11. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Well there was my blabbering, now it is your turn. If you visit the blog post mentioned (or another of them please leave a comment and tell me you visited from this post. Now feel free to write your own thank you, Q and A + nomination post. Hope you have fun searching your depths!
I would love for people to answer these questions in my comments (or the ones I answered to) even if they haven’t been nominated. Let’s keep the conversations open!
P.S If have done any mistakes in the formatting/with pictures etc. let me know and I shall correct it!